FAR Part 135 Maintenance Technician
San Luis Obispo
The FAR Part 135 Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing, assisting, and advising on all assigned maintenance activities of ACI Jet aircraft. These activities must be done while maintaining a positive and productive relationship with ACI Jet’s employees, vendors and clients by personally performing these duties or through subordinate staff members.
The FAR Part 135 Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Director of Maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned as required by management):
- Reports daily to the Director of Maintenance.
- Completing tasks assigned to himself / herself in accordance with the procedures set forth in ACI Jet’s Air Carrier Operations Manual (ACOM).
- Coordinate with ACI Jet hangar supervisors and Flight Operations to ensure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of ACI Jet aircraft.
- Comply with all FAR’s, Operations Specifications, Company Policies, and Company Procedures.
- Ensuring that the appropriate technical data is available during the performance of maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration activities.
- Ensure the shop premises are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure that all maintenance or alteration processes are appropriately completed and documented electronically on the maintenance forms as set forth in ACI Jet’s ACOM.
- Maintain the maintenance tracking systems by tracking all AD’s and SB’s, and inspection program changes.
- Develop and maintain maintenance due lists for inspection and repair scheduling with the repair station.
- Monitor daily activities for ACI Jet’s FAR 135 maintenance operation by receiving calls from the field regarding unscheduled maintenance.
- Perform debriefs with flight crew during preflight and post flight, as required.
- Towing aircraft, taxiing aircraft and performing run ups in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
- Ensures completion of all aircraft servicing functions including but not limited to: oxygen/nitrogen service, oil and hydraulic fluid checks, etc.
- Submits all required work orders, reports, and other forms to the appropriate company authority in an organized and timely manner.
- Maintains a close, productive, and beneficial relationship with ACI Jet managers, peers, colleagues, manufacturer’s representatives, repair facilities, and the FAA.
- Ensures the safety and quality of all assigned duties and responsibilities by actively and positively participating in ACI Jet’s SQMS program.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A passion for aviation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certificated under FAR CFR Part 65 with an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, and has 6 months experience within the last 24 Months.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in FAR 135 air maintenance operations.
- Actual work experience must include troubleshooting, use of specialized tools, ground support equipment, and the use of aircraft maintenance manuals, parts catalogs, technical reports and forms.
- Must be familiar with aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with little to no guidance.
- Must be a highly motivated, detail oriented, organized, with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be computer proficient (MS Office, Aviation Maintenance Software).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, kneel, squat, and stand for extended periods.
- Must have your own tools and toolbox.
- Must be available to be on call.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to read, write, and speak English at an advanced level.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Formal Gulfstream, Cessna, and Bombardier factory training
- College or Technical degree preferred
This position is a DOT Safety Sensitive position which will require placement in a random drug test pool.
Maintenance Technicians perform on-call duties and will require the candidate to travel without notice, including performing work on nights, weekends, and holidays.