General Manager, FBO
Santa Ana, CA
The General Manager, FBO, based at John Wayne Airport, oversees all aspects of FBO operations at
ACI Jet - Orange County. Responsible for the day to day oversight of customer care, line service operations, ground equipment maintenance, sales, accounting, property management and safety. Coordinates teams to ensure the safe sale of services including: aviation fuel, ground services, hangar space and office space. Acts as a company liaison to the airport community, as well as airport management.
The General Manager, FBO reports directly to the Vice President, FBOs and Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following:
- Manage the delivery of FBO services in strict accordance with ACI Jet policy and procedures.
- Manage the teams responsible for delivering products and services.
- Frequently communicate with clients to build strong client-vendor relationships.
- Establish and maintain a culture that aligns with the core values of ACI Jet.
- Promote and participate in ACI Jet’s SQMS, and attend monthly safety meetings.
- Maintain a culture of safety and service through frequent interactions with teams, participating in audits and aid in the development of policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Establish and participate in weekly team meetings.
- Conduct annual reviews in accordance with ACI Jet policy, as well as make hiring and termination decisions.
- Ensure all employees receive proper company training and have access to company resources.
- Responsible for the development and adherence of the FBO budget, as well as expense management.
- Liaison to John Wayne Airport Operations in matters relating to FBO operations.
- Responsible for identifying business opportunities both on and off airport.
- Point of contact for subtenants and manages subtenant relationships.
- Ensure subtenants comply with sublease requirements as well as comply with ACI Jet’s Master Lease.
- Analyze the efficiency of operations and create policies and procedures that aim to generate the highest ROI for these spaces.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience operating in a manager or supervisor role at an FBO.
- Must be a highly motivated and organized.
- Must be computer proficient (MS Office Suite, Internet, G Suite, Office 365).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Able to move lift 50 pounds, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Live and work within the United State of America.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Certificates related to aviation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Experience writing manuals and standard operating procedures.
- 5-years of work experience in the aviation industry.