Flight Coordinator / Dispatcher
San Luis Obispo
The Flight Coordinator/Dispatcher is responsible for performing duties under FAR Part 91/135 in a safe and effective manner. This position will include fulfilling flight requests, scheduling and assigning aircraft and crew on behalf of ACI Jet’s 135 Certificate while maintaining a positive and productive relationship with ACI Jet’s employees, vendors and clients by personally performing these duties.
The Flight Coordinator/Dispatcher reports directly to the Dispatch Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned as required by management):
- Accepting and fulfilling flight requests from customers while ensuring that the company’s goals and objectives relating to aircraft utilization are achieved. This is to be carried out in accordance with all applicable FARs, Operations Specifications, company policies and company procedures.
- Schedule and assign duties to flight crewmembers in accordance with ACI Jet’s Operational Control System.
- Determining that all assigned crewmembers are qualified and eligible to serve as a required crewmember in the aircraft and type of operation to which the crewmember is assigned.
- Schedule and assign missions to specific company aircraft.
- Ensuring that all aircraft which are assigned for use are listed in Operations Specification D085 and that the aircraft is airworthy under ACI Jet’s aircraft maintenance program.
- Examining performance factors when necessary prior to developing a flight release for a specific mission. These factors should include but not be limited to such considerations as aircraft weight & balance, runway required, climb gradients, etc. The review of these factors for a Flight Coordinator is primarily to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain realistic customer expectations.
- Maintaining an accurate record of pilot flight and duty times to show compliance with the applicable sections of FAR 135.
- Providing all crewmembers with a “Flight Release” in accordance with ACI Jet’s Operational Control Program.
- Complete tasks as directed by Dispatch Manager.
- Assist in meeting Business Unit revenue goals by booking and securing charter trips.
- Produce and submit accurate and competitive charter quotes to customers and brokers in a timely manner while adhering to ACI Jet’s pricing and sales practices.
- Provide an exemplary level of customer service to aircraft clients and owners, ensuring the customer experience meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Providing support services for crew and passengers traveling aboard company aircraft, including flight following with flight crewmembers.
- Managing and tracking company expenses related to aircraft operations, including aircraft, pilot, and passenger expenses. Additionally, the Flight Coordinator must provide the company’s accounting department with all necessary information in a timely manner to allow the generation of invoices for services rendered.
- Coordinates the scheduling of maintenance with the Director of Maintenance or his designee as appropriate and working with other departments as necessary (i.e. customer service, line service, & detail) to properly support flight operations.
- Comply with all FAR’s, Operations Specifications, Company Policies, and Company Procedures.
- Act as primary contact for all emergency situations, including ERP activation and ELT notifications.
- Maintains a close, productive, and beneficial relationship with flight crew personnel, maintenance personnel, line service and other ACI Jet personnel.
- Ensures the safety and quality of all assigned duties and responsibilities by actively and positively participating in ACI Jet’s SQMS program.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must be able to work as a part of a team in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be a highly motivated and organized individual.
- Must be highly computer proficient.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, kneel, squat, sit and stand for extended periods.
- No violation of FAA/DOT regulations within the last five (5) years.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment background check, criminal history check and drug test.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Prior FAR Part 91/135 experience.
Knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
FAA Dispatcher License and/or FAA Pilot’s license
International operations experience.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Previous aviation experience and or Private Pilots’ License
This position is a DOT Safety Sensitive position which will require placement in a random drug test pool.
The Charter Aircraft Coordinator may perform on-call duties and will require the candidate to work nights, weekends, and holidays.